The PADI Equipment Specialist Course with DIVE SOURCE
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, BCD issue, regulator problem, wetsuit tear, or a broken fin strap...You can learn how to manage your gear better and with much more confidence!
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you will be more knowledgeable on scuba equipment maintenance, care, and how to deal with day to day issues that come with an equipment-based sport like scuba diving. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works as well as what you can repair yourself... what you cannot and how to make your equipment investment lasts for years to come.
What You Learn
- Review the theory, principles, and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for more comfortable equipment configurations and what tools and spare parts all divers should keep on them as part of their "Save a Dive Kit"
- This program is open to all certified divers regardless of experience. Even non-divers can take the course, but no certification will be issued to them.
Scuba Gear You Use
- This is a classroom-based course only so there is no in-water training and sample equipment for the class is provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring in their own BCD's and Regs with them if they own them, so the instructor can answer any questions they may have specific to their kit. However, it is not necessary as the course touches on most gear types and common issues in all scuba gear makes.
Learning Materials You Need
Your Next Adventure
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is an excellent course for all divers and especially for those people who like to be more independent, self-reliant, and in control. Other courses that would go along with that theme are Leadership courses like Dive Master and Instructor as well as the PADI Self Reliant diver specialty.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.