The PADI Equipment Specialist Course with DIVE SOURCE
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
What You Learn
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
- There are no prerequisites for this course. It is an excellent course for divers of any certification level or agency, including Non-Divers.
Scuba Gear You Use
- This is a classroom-based course only. There is no scuba gear used.
- Students are encouraged to bring in their own dive gear so the program can be tailored to their equipment needs, however, it is not necessary as all major types of equipment will be looked at and provided as needed.
Learning Materials You Need
- Students are not required to purchase any materials. However, the PADI Equipment Touch Digital Manual and the Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving Manual are excellent add-ons to this class and your diving library.
Your Next Adventure
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is an excellent course for all divers and especially for those people who like to be more independent, self reliant and in control. Other courses that would go along with that theme are Leadership courses like DIve Master and Instructor as well as the PADI Self Reliant diver specialty.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.