The PADI Boat Diver Course with DIVE SOURCE
Diving from a boat is something divers often do, however, there is a right way and a wrong way to do so as well as many things to know when you step on board and no one like to feel unprepared or lost... This course focuses on not only making you more familiar with boats and how divers use them to access dive sites away from shore but how to do make your own experience a positive one...
Nobody wants to be that person on the boat who has no idea or clue...This course will give you all the tricks and tips to be an excellent boat diver.
What You Learn
Learn the tips, tricks and ways to:
- Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant liveaboards :
- how they differ from place to place
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
- Safely enter and exit the water :
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
- You must be a certified Open Water Diver & be of 12 years of age.
Scuba Gear You Use
Students will need a full set of gear with two tanks. If need to rent, we have gear available for all our students at 50% off.
We also recommend students have the following accessories for diving on a boat:
- Drybags, Dry cases and mesh bags are excellent for storage of gear or clothes when boat diving.
Learning Materials You Need
- Students Read the Boat Diver Specialty Manual and complete the Knowledge reviews before Dive Day.
- The Instructor will take up the Knowledge reviews before each of the two dives as well as actively instructing you on the particulars of boat diving using not only the book but their experience on how to make boat dives efficient and well run.
Your Next Adventure
You can do many types of diving from a boat. Any certified diver can complete the Boat Diver course with DIVE SOURCE, which can help you reach the popular Master Scuba Diver rating.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.