The PADI Dry Suit Diver course with DIVE SOURCE
Wanna stay warm and toasty on a dive? Then dive dry. Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and that keeps you warm! Even in surprisingly cold water.
What You Learn
Gain the knowledge and skills to safely put on, dive with, take off and store a dry-suit. Get introduced to the different types of suits so you can make a very informed decision if considering purchasing a dry suit. You learn:
- Dry suit buoyancy control skills
- Dry suit maintenance, storage and basic repair
- Undergarment (fleece or overall-type garments worn under the dry suit) options
Practical skills you’ll master in this course:
- Dry Suit Familiarization
- Safety Checks
- Entry Techniques
- Bubble Check
- Buoyancy Check
- Descent techniques
- Fin Pivot Hover
- Excess gas in feet emergency roll drill
- Stuck inflator emergency drill
- Stuck exhaust valve emergency drill
- Ascent procedure· Remove and replace scuba unit and weight belt on the surface
- Exit techniques· Removal of dry suit, storage and maintenance
- Students must be certified Open Water Divers & of 12 years of age to enrol in this course.
What Gear You Use
- Students need to purchase their OWN Dry Suit for this course, as we do not have them available to rent.
- Students also need a full set of scuba gear with two tanks. Rental gear is available at 50% off for students!
- Recommended Accessories: Dry Suit Baselayer underwear
Learning Materials You Need
- Students Read the Dry Suit Diver Specialty Manual and complete the Knowledge reviews before their pool session.
Your Next Adventure
Scuba diving with a dry suit is useful when diving many types of dive sites. A dry suit is necessary when ice diving and sometimes while altitude diving. Many technical divers wear dry suits on almost every dive due to the length of the time spent underwater. The longer the diver is in the water, the more thermal protection is required.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.
No Courses Found