The PADI Drift Diver Course with DIVE SOURCE
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
What You Learn
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
- Students must be a Certified Open Water Diver
What Gear You Use
- Full dive gear is required.
- Recommended Accessories: Dive Float with flag and Reel or line to hold on to it., Surface maker safety tube, Signal Mirror, Whistle or Dive Alert
Learning Materials You Need
- Students read and complete Knowledge reviews the PADI Drift Diving Speciality Manual before class
Your Next Adventure
The Advanced Scuba Diver Course will give you even more access to the underwater world. You can also try some other specialties on your way to becoming a master scuba diver.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.
No Courses Found