Learn the Art of Perfect Buoyancy !!
Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float and it can be a tricky thing.... Divers who’ve mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You’ve seen them underwater.... They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates you to the Buoyancy Guru level.
Students Read the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty manual and complete the Knowledge reviews before one evening classroom session. During the session to instructor will present a training video, do some lecture and take take up your knowledge reviews with you and interact.
After this there will be a hands on review of everyones gear which will be assembled and reviewed and tips and tricks shared on how to weights can be moved or placed in your gear set up as well as address any streamlining issues. That weekend there will be a one day open water dive day where you will do two dives with your instructor who will further help you to become a master of buoyancy underwater.
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Certified as an Open Water Diver
Books and Equipment Needed:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy manual or Crewpack with video - extra
- Full Scuba Gear with two tanks (using your own gear is great, but rental is ok as the knowledge is transferable to all types of gear)
- Recommended Accesories: If you have your own gear this is a great time to look at all your hoses and streamline your kit.
Related or Complimentary Courses:
- Padi Advanced Open water and any class as you now will have your buoyancy in full control.
Where can I go from here?
- The underwater world is your oyster... keep exploring and learning more.
Click here for the PADI Registration Form for this course